Saturday, July 9, 2016

Family of Four

         
       My mom flew down 12/16 to get ready for baby. My dad came 12/18 to spend Christmas week with us. Now we just had to wait... wait wait wait for our sweet baby to come. I thought every day was "THE day". But alas, she just stayed inside my belly.  I also want to mention, in weeks prior to my due date a few of my midwives were a little concerned at how small I was and how small my belly was measuring. They even had me get an extra ultrasound to make sure all was well. Pretty soon it was 12/21 her due date, boy was I ready. I had an appointment with my midwife that morning and asked her to strip my membrane, hoping it was going to be the magical thing that gets baby here. My mom and I went walking around doing a little procrastinated Christmas shopping after the appointment. Nothing happened all day. It was soon time for bed, so off we went. PANG I woke right up. It was 10:40 this was different. I swear, I literally felt my cervix open, and I KNEW I was in transition and we better go to the hospital. Transition is interesting, with Lanni it made me throw up and shake. With this baby, I had to make a about 5 mad dashes to bathroom in the span of 10 minutes and had the shakes too. While I was making my last mad dash, Byron was finishing up grabbing our hospital bag, and my dad was trying to hurry us out the door so we wouldn't have a baby in the car. I was freaking awesome. Yes, I'm bragging about myself,  but I think childbirth allows that. I didn't make one peep the whole way there in the car. I owe this to HyonoBabies, which I borrowed from my sister. Amazing program. I was not as diligent as I could've been, but man, the difference it made in this birth is just incredible. The hospital is about 20 minutes from our house. Right before we got there I could feel pressure and knew I would be pushing soon. I knew she was coming . We went in the Emergency Room entrance. Of course, nothing is ever an emergency. There was a line, with 2 people ahead of us and 2 people behind the counter. No one was eager to help Byron, so I thought I would. Contraction 1, it had me moaning as I could feel her moving down. They then told Byron to grab a wheel chair for me. Contraction 2, I told them, "I am pushing"...they told me don't push... Do they know that that is impossible. Contraction 3, I told them I was pushing and I wasn't stopping. This got their attention. The man behind the desk flew to our aid and wheeled us up to Labor and Delivery as fast as he could. Contraction 4, I'm in triage telling them I have to push and that she's coming. My midwife comes in, who I love and also delivered Lanni,  checks me. She said, "yep, you're having a baby". She called about 7 nurses over to help. They got me in my room and on the hospital. I was comfortably in runner's lunge to push this baby out. Contraction 5, her head is coming out. I reached down to touch her. Wow. Amazing! She is still in the caul (water bag). My midwife tells Byron he better catch the baby. Contraction 6, out she comes, with her dad there to catch her. Healthy and perfect.That what is it. She's here. All that, from start to finish, was one hour. One hour, and she was born, in the caul, which broke when she was all the way out and Byron was holding her. I love being skin to skin with my babies when they are fresh from Heaven they smell so wonderful. It's humbling to know that this perfect baby is here, in MY arms, and I get to take care of her forever.
She is beautiful.  We could never decide on a name. One night I was just thinking to myself, going through a list of names trying to see if any "felt" right. Then, it just popped in my head, a name I have never heard. Kenzli. I loved it and Byron loved it! (yay) I like to think she whispered it to me. We named her Kenzli Anne Wahl. Born 12/21/15 weighing 7lbs 14oz 20 inches.






                Kenzli is such a gift! She is calm. She sleeps. She is perfect. Lanni loves her little sister, and is quite the big sister. Always willing to help anyway she can. I love my family. I thank my Heavenly Father daily for the sweet blessing of eternal families.


No comments:

Post a Comment