Thursday, June 16, 2016

So Many Blessings

   With all the time that has passed since my last entry a lot has happened with our little family.
We are so blessed. I will just touch on the big events as of recently. 
    Byron has been working for our family and taking classes to get a job at SRP. It's what he has  always wanted to. Well, dreams come true! At the end of his last semester there were jobs coming available. He applied, got an interview, got the job! WOO HOO When he got the call back we were just walking in the front door, I was so excited (silently screaming and jumping up and down) that I just couldn't get us inside! So, he got the job and  was told the start date....in 4 weeks. Oh boy. Let's just those 4 weeks are filled with crazy.
    We celebrated our sweet Lanni Lanae turning 2. Oh how we love her. She is so bright, sweet, snuggly, happy, smart, beautiful, silly...the list goes on. She brings joy, laughter, and light into our lives and our home with her curly hair, big eyes and spirit full of energy. We took her to Build a Bear for her birthday. She picked out an elk ( really a reindeer), which made Byron so proud! She also got sticker books and clothes. The girl loves her stickers. Lanni also requested chicken and bean beans (green beans) for her birthday dinner. And for dessert....chocolate chocolate chip mint ice cream cake. Delish! We so look forward to this year and watching our sweet Lanni grow.
    We got to welcome baby #2 into our arms this year also! 

I found out we were pregnant the day before our 3 year anniversary. Surprise!! Baby #2 due 12/21/2015, which we thought was funny because Lanni was 12/12/13... people have made comments that we get lucky in March. It's true...March has been a pretty lucky month for us! Like my first pregnancy, this one was very easy. A few little bumps along the way included, a few UTI's (yuck) and 2 horribly painful gallbladder attacks. Other than that it was easy peasy. We took a trip to Utah in
 
June, which has almost become a little tradition. It was extra special this year because my grandma and grandpa Crockett were there staying at my parents'. They live in Missouri, so it's not very often we get to see them. I love them so much. I had been praying, trying to figure out how I could see them, and wouldn't you know, they planned a trip to Utah right when I was going to be there. It was a tender mercy. I know Heavenly Father answered my prayer to see my wonderful grandparents.
The beginning of August we found out our new addition was going to be another girl! WOO
HOO!













My mom then came for a visit in September while Byron was gone on unsuccessful elk hunt. If you know my dad you know he can't live without mom. So he surprised by driving down (12 hours) to 
 visit. It was so much fun!
Byron and I made a last minute decision to fly Lanni and me up to Utah for one last HOORAH before our new baby came. So we flew up there the end of October and stayed for 2 weeks so we could  
 celebrate my dad's birthday. Lanni LOVES temples. She even has cried when we drive past them because she "wants her temple". So we went to the Payson temple to take some pictures. She loves fishing with her papa, it's the cutest thing. She dressed up as a gum ball machine for halloween and loved walking with grammy to knock on doors in hopes of getting some treats. She also loved to watch ticket (Polar Express) with grammy in the bedroom. It was a great trip.
Time flies, Thanksgiving was over, we celebrated Lanni's second birthday. Now we just had to wait for baby.......












1 comment:

  1. I love when you blog! :) We will be up for the 24th this year so we will have to hang out!

    ReplyDelete